Thursday, September 2, 2010

Peach Heaven!


Kylee and her Peach Heaven

I've been fortunate enough to participate in a tradition that has been going on for years, involving good friends and a little dessert we like to call "Peach Heaven."
About 3 years ago my friend Kylee made this dessert for me and my roommates and I have been in love with it ever since.

It's actually really simple to make.  Here's what you'll need:

Peach Heaven Recipe
10 cups of fresh peaches, skinned and sliced (We always wait for the good road stand peaches in the early Fall)
1 pt. homemade whipping cream
1 box Vanilla Wafers
1 egg
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar 

1st layer (bottom)- smash wafers on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
2nd layer- powdered sugar, egg, butter ("cream" or mix them)
3rd layer- sliced peaches
4th layer- whipped cream
5th layer (top)- crushed vanilla wafers
Chill over night before serving.

I can honestly say that this is my favorite desert on this earth.  I've eaten an entire pan by myself before.  And it's one of those things where you don't realize how much you're eating because it's so light and delicious.  So be careful!

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Delicious!!! Thanks for coming and making it with me!!