Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday: My Lunch vs. Jon's Lunch

My good friend Jon Beecher and his lovely wife just moved to New York City a few weeks ago. Jon took a job with a reputable law firm in Manhattan following his graduation from BYU.  He and I were roommates in Provo for a good 5 years, which means we shared many delicious meals together.  We had our favorite spots, in fact, I remember going to the same restaurant 3 nights in a row one week.  

If anyone knows about fine dining, it's Jon.  Having lived in New York for the last few summers he's had a chance to try some of the best restaurants in the country.  Today he texted me pictures from his lunch at the Gotham Bar and Grill.  

I thought I'd compare Jon's lunch with my own:


My Lunch: Beto's, American Fork, UT

If you've been there before, then the yellow wrapping paper is music to your eyes.  Beto's is a "hole in the wall" Mexican joint that never disappoints (that rhymed).  

Today's choice: The Bacon, Potato, and Cheese Breakfast Burrito.  This bad boy will fill your belly and make you sluggish the rest of the day.  Mission accomplished.


Jon's Lunch: Gotham Bar and Grill, New York City, NY

Today's choice: Roasted Scottish Salmonmarket vegetables, quinoa
fines herbes vinaigrette



Jon Wins.


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I dunno, I'd have to say yours looks better and now I want Beto's.

If you like that one, ask them for the mixed breakfast burrito next time. It's everything you had in yours PLUS ham. It's a heart attack in a tortilla.