Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Best noodles I've ever had: Garlic Noodles from Crivello's

I discovered something amazing by chance the other day.  Melissa's parents took us to this fun little Italian restaurant in Murrietta, CA.  Diane (Mel's mom) ordered a dish that included a side of garlic mashed potatoes, but instead they brought her a side of vegetables.  Turns out they were out of potatoes for the night (apparently they go fast).  To make up for the mistake, they brought her a huge bowl of garlic noodles cooked perfectly al dente...


If you're not familiar with the term "al dente" it basically means noodles or veggies that are cooked about half-way.  They have a sort of chewy bite to them.  It's basically the ONLY way Italians eat noodles.  

Diane offered me a taste and I must sadly admit, I pretty much ate her entire bowl.  They were so good!  Crivello's makes their noodles in-house, so they are super fresh.  They had this light, buttery, garlickyness to them.  They were topped with a little salt, pepper, and parsley.  They were heavenly!  Best noodles I've ever had.    

No comments: