Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I love a good...


1. Icy cold Coke with my meal. When I sit down to eat I don't want milk, I don't want wine, I don't want water....I want a coke, in a frosty glass with lots of ice.

2. Cheeseburger. Let me start by saying I am a purist when it comes to the cheeseburger. I believe that there are only a few things that belong on a good cheeseburger, namely: cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, and condiment(s). I do not believe guacamole makes a cheeseburger better. I certainly don't believe that a heaping pile of bacon makes a cheeseburger better, although I have friends that sincerely disagree (those are almost fighting words).
What then makes a cheeseburger great? 1) Fresh, high-quality, never-frozen meat. 2) Fresh produce. 3) Symmetrically assembled. 4) Perfectly cooked. 5) Tasty portion of condiment.

3. Cry...after eating a delicious STEAK. A good steak will bring you to tears. There's a difference between a steak from some commercial restaurant (Outback, Chili's, etc.) and one from a real steakhouse like Ruth's Chris, Morton's, or Peter Luger's.

4. Something sweet after dinner. I don't know how I've done it, but I've trained my taste buds to crave something sweet in the evening. Favorite all-time desert? Peach Heaven. I'll show that one later...

5. Bag of sunflower seeds. My seed of choice: Spitz- Dill Pickle. The perfect flavor, the perfect seed! There is no better seed in the world. If you haven't tried them, I'd suggest avoiding this salty addiction.

1 comment:

Diane Erickson said...

Hey, I can get behind the Coke thing, but ICE is really the key to ANY beverage.

I can get behind the Burger thing, but no cheese please. All cheese does is make it harder to taste the delicious beefyness.

But, I cannot and will not get behind the dill pickle sunflower seeds. I dare you to find ANY food network "regular" who eats sunflower seeds. I promise to always have Mentos for you. That I can get behind. But leave the seed.....